West Bengal Police recruitment 2016 latest Constable 490 posts – West Bengal Police, applications are invited to fill up 490 vacancies of junior constables in live affected areas of Birbhum district in West Bengal Police from eligible citizens through online or offline mode for which the window will remain operative for the period on or before 8th April 2016.
Name of the Company:- West Bengal Police
Name of position:- junior constable
Job Location:- West Bengal
Pay Scale / Salary (In Rs.):- Rs.5200 – 20200/- Per Month
Last Date:- 4th April 2016
Required Eligibility:- 8th class
Total No. of Vacancies:- 490 Vacancies
Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria:- Eligible applicants applying for the position of junior constable should have passed VIII class standard examination board from a recognized educational institution / university.
Candidate Salary detail:- Rs 5200 – 20200/- Pere Month
Age Limit (In yrs.):- The age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of junior constable should not be less than 18 years and should not be more than 27 years. The age of the applicant should be as on 1st January 2016.
Mode of Selection:- The selection of the eligible applicant applying for the position of junior constable will be on the basis of written examination and personal interview.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age relaxation to the applicants is only for the following special categories:-
i) 5 years for candidates belonging to Schedule caste (SC) categories candidates.
ii) 5 years for candidates belonging to Schedule Tribe (ST) categories candidates.
iii) 3 years for candidates belonging to Other Backward class (OBC) categories candidates.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of junior constable may apply online through online mode or offline mode through official website of West Bengal Police http://policewb.gov.in and send the download application form to Chairman, West Bengal Police recruitment board, Araksha Bhaban, 3rd floor, block:- D.J, sector – II, Salt lake city, Kolkata:- 700091 super-scribing on the envelope “Application for the position of junior constable in west Bengal Polcie (For Birbhum distric- 2016)” on or before 8th April 2016.
- Starting date for the submission of online application is 7th March 2016.
- Last date for the submission of online application is 8th April 2016.
- Last date for the receipt of application is 8th April 2016.
- Only Indian national are eligible for this position.
- Age is relaxable for schedule caste categories candidates (SC) / schedule tribe categories candidates (ST) / other backward class categories candidates (OBC) / Ex-servicemen categories candidates as per government rules.
- Applicants having passed VIII standard from a recognized university / educational institution and residing permanently in the LWE allocated areas in the district of Paschim Medinipore (Inclusing Jhargram Police District), Bankura and Purilla.
- Applications may be submitted either through online or offline modes for which the window will remain operative for the period from 10th March 2016 to 11th April 2016.
- The last date for receipt of filled in application form through postal service (Offline mode) is 11th April 2016 up to 05.00 p.m.
- For any query, please call the west Bengal police recruitment board at 033 – 2337 – 1402.
- The selection process by the West Bengal police recruitment is transparent and purely merit based.
- The applications are advised to beware of the un-scrupulous elements / racketeers touts who may misguide the applicants with false promises of getting them selected for the job on illegal consideration.
- The age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of junior constable should not be less than 18 years and should not be more than 27 years
- Eligible applicants applying for the position of junior constable should have passed VIII class standard examination board from a recognized educational institution / university.
West Bengal Police is one of the two police forces of the Indian state of West Bengal. (The other is Kolkata police which has a separate jurisdiction).
The West Bengal Police was reorganized under provisions of the police Act 19=861 during the British Raj. The West Bengal Police is headed by an officer designated as the Director general of Police who reports to the state government through the home (Police) department. Shri GM Prabhu Rajasekhar Reddy, an IPS officer of batch 1982 is the DG and IGP of west Bengal police since October 2013.
The West Bengal Police has jurisdiction concurrent with the eighteen revenue districts of the state (Excluding the metropolitan city of Kolkata) which comprises one of the general police districts of West Bengal as under the Police Act 1861. The other general police district consist of the major portions of the metropolitan area of Kolkata and has a separate police force (Kolkata Police) constituted and administered under the Calcutta police act 1866 and Calcutta (Suburban police) act 1866. This arrangement unique in India was concerned during colonial times when Calcutta was the capital of British India. The city police have been kept independent of the state police force.
Important Note:- For full detail of this posts, we request you to please visit official page (Link given above)