Punjab & Sind Bank recruitment 2016 chief Economist post – Punjab & Sind Bank invites application for the post of Chief Economist in senior Management Grade Scale –IV (CM) under specialist category. Apply before 22 February 2016.
Name of position:- Chief Economist
Job Location:- New Delhi
Pay Scale / Salary (In Rs.):- Rs. 50030 – 59170/- Per Month
Last Date:- 22nd February 2016
Required Eligibility:- Ph.D
Total No. of Vacancies:-01 Vacancies
Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria:- Eligible applicants applying for the position OF Chief Economist should have Ph.D in Economics/ International Finance/ Business Economics with specialization in monetary/ financial economics or econometrics from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute.
Experience:- Eligible applicants applying for the position of Chief Economist should have minimum 7 Years as economic researcher in any university or work experience in Economic research division of a commercial bank/Financial Institution/Corporate Organizations like CRISIL, CIBIL, ICRA etc.
Candidate Salary detail:- Rs. 50030 – 59170/- Per Month
Age Limit (In yrs.):- The age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of Chief Economist should not be less than 35 years and should not be more than 45 years as on 01st October 2015.
Mode of Selection:- The selection of the eligible applicant applying for the position of Chief Economist will be screened/scrutinized and ranked by a committee. After scrutiny of the applications received, only eligible candidates will be called for interview. The short-listing and call for interview will be on the basis of details provided by the candidates in the application & documents forwarded along with the application.
Application fee:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of Chief Economist are required to pay Rs. 500/- through draft drawn on any National /Scheduled Bank drawn in favor of Punjab & Sind Bank, Chief Economist Recruitment project 2014-15 payable at New Delhi.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age relaxation to the applicants is only for the following special categories:-
i) 5 years for candidates belonging to Schedule caste (SC) categories candidates.
ii) 5 years for candidates belonging to Schedule Tribe (ST) categories candidates.
iii) 3 years for candidates belonging to Other Backward class (OBC) categories candidates.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of Chief Economist may apply in prescribed application form along with attested photocopies of prescribed Educational Qualifications and Experience certificate and demand draft send to general manager – HRD Punjab & Sind Bank House, 6th Floor 21 – Rajendra Place New Delhi – 110008 on or before 22.02.2016.
- Since, the number of vacancy is one, there is no reservation of SC/ST/OBC/PWD category. However, the eligible candidates belonging to these categories can also apply but they will not be eligible for any concession/relaxation.
- The Bank takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any application or communication.
- The application in the prescribed format must be filled up completely and should contain no corrections/alterations/overwriting.
- Before applying for post, the candidate ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms specified in the advertisement.
- The candidates should send the attested copy of certificate & mark sheets in support of passing the prescribed qualifying examination & post qualification experience indicated in the application form to confirm the candidate’s eligibility.
- Only Indian National are eligible for this post.
- Candidate will have to produce original of all educational qualification certificate & mark sheets, experience certificate t the time of interview, failing which his/her candidature may be cancelled.
- An application not accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and the requisite fee in form of DD/Pay order or not in prescribed format or not signed by the candidate or not bearing the candidate photograph posted firmly at the specified place or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained.
Punjab & Sind Bank is a government owned bank, with headquarters in New Delhi. Of its 1466 branches spread throughout india, 623 branches are in Punjab State. Its net profit is Rs.121.35 crores and net NPA is 3.55% for the year ending 2014-2015. The Bank operating profit the year ending 2014-15 is Rs. 775.45 crores. Total business of the bank was Rs. 1,51,511 crores for the year ending 2014-15 and business per employee is Rs. 15.95 crore. The net worth of the bank as on 31.03.15 is Rs. 4812 crore.
It was in the year 1908. When a humble idea to uplift the poorest of poor of the land culminated in the birth of Punjab & Sind Bank with the far-sighted vision of luminaries like Bhai Vir Singh , Sir Sunder Singh Majitha and Sardar Tarlochan Singh. They enjoyed the highest respect with the people of Punjab.
The Bank was founded on the principle of social commitment to help the weaker section of the society in their economic endeavors to raise their standard of life, decades have gone by, even today Punjab & sind Bank stands committed to honor the social commitments of the founding fathers.
On 15th April 1980 Punjab & Sind Bank was among six banks that the Government of India nationalized in the second wave of nationalization
Important Note:- For full detail of this posts, we request you to please visit official page (Link given above)