Odisha PSC recruitment 2016 Forest Ranger 50 posts – Odisha Public Service Commission OPSC invites Application for the 50 forest ranger group – B of Odisha Forest service under forest and environment department vacancies. Apply online before 18th March 2016.
Name of position:- Forest service
Job Location:- Odisha
Pay Scale / Salary (In Rs.):- Rs.9300 – 34800/- Per Month
Last Date:- 18th March 2016
Required Eligibility:- Degree
Total No. of Vacancies:- 50 Vacancies
Category wise vacancies:-
- Un-reserved category candidates:- 25 vacancies
- SEBC category candidates:- 06 vacancies
- Schedule caste category candidates:- 20 vacancies
- Schedule tribe category candidates:- 57 vacancies
Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria:- Eligible applicants applying for the position of forest ranger should have possessed bachelor degree from a recognized university or institute in India with at least one of the subjects namely Botany / Chemistry / Geology / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics / Veterinary science and animal Husbandry and zoology or a bachelor degree in agriculture / forestry or in engineering or an equivalent qualification.
Candidate Salary detail:- Rs 9300 – 34800/- Per Month
Age Limit (In yrs.):- The age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of Forest service should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than of 32 years. The age of the applicant should be as on 1st day of January 2016.
Mode of Selection:- The selection of the eligible applicant applying for the position of Forest service will be on the basis of career assessment and viva – voce. The government at their discretion may short list the applicants to a reasonable number for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
Application fee:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of Forest service are required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs 300/- only. Applicants belonging to schedule caste categories candidates (SC) / schedule tribe categories candidates of Odisha and person with disabilities categories candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
NOTE:- The applicants are required to take a print-out of the finally submitted online application form for future and take a print out of online Challan (Pay-in-slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of the state bank of India. The fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of Forest service is relaxable for the following specified categories:-
i) By 5 years for candidates belonging to ST communities.
ii) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC communities.
iii) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC communities.
iv) By 5 years for candidates belonging to women communities.
v) By 5 years for candidates belonging to EXSM communities.
vi) By 10 years for candidates belonging to PH communities.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of Forest service may apply through official website of Odisha Public service commission www.opsc.gov.in from 19th February 2016 to 18th March 2016 and applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Starting date for the submission of online application is 19th February 2016.
- Last date for the submission of online application is 18th March 2016.
- Last date for the payment of application fee is 21st March 2016.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must have good Character.
- The applicant must be able to speak / read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia language.
- An applicant, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the state government has exempted his / her caste from operation of the limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- If an applicant has at any time been declared for a certain period / chance by the Odisha Public service commission, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period.
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age – limit.
- Every applicant selected for appointment shall be examined by the medical board. A applicant who fails in satisfy the medical board shall not be appointed.
- The advertisement should not be constructed as binding on the government to make appointment.
Odisha Public service commission (OPSC), recommendation of the royal commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the lee commission and how they find place in the constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public service commission was constituted on 1st April 1949 after it is bifurcation form the former Bihar and Odisha joint public service commission. At the time of creation of Odisha Public service. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public service commission the strength of the commission was three including Chairman. The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
Important Note:- For full detail of this posts, we request you to please visit official page (Link given above)