Odisha PSC recruitment 2016 Assistant Surgeon 372 Posts : Odisha Public service commission (OPSC) invites application for the position of 372 medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) vacancies in junior class – I (Group A) of Odisha medical and Health service cadre under health and family welfare department. Apply online before 27th January 2016.
Name of position:- medical officer (Assistant Surgeon)
Job Location:- Odisha
Pay Scale / Salary (In Rs.):- Rs.15600 – 39100/- Per Month
Last Date:- 27th February 2016
Required Eligibility:- MBBS
Total No. of Vacancies:- 372 Vacancies
Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria:- Eligible applicants applying for the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) should have following qualification:-
- The applicant must have possessed M.B.B.S or equivalent degree from a medical college or medical institution recognized by the medical council of India.
- The applicant must have a valid registration certificate under the Odisha Medical registration rules 1965.
- Applicant must possessed required conversion certificates recognized by medical council of India (MCI) in case of applicant having Diploma from university of Foreign countries.
Candidate Salary detail:- Rs 15600 – 39100/- Per Month
Age Limit (In yrs.):- The age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) should have attained 21 years and should not be above the age of 32 years. The age of the candidate should be as on 1st day of January 2016.
Mode of Selection:- The selection of the eligible applicant applying for the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) will be on the basis of written examination and career marking. The career marking will be for 30% and 70% for written examination.
Application fee:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) are required to pay non – refundable and non – adjustable application fee od Rs 300/- (Rupees three hundred) only. Applicant belonging to Schedule caste categories candidates (SC) / Schedule tribe categories candidates (ST) of Odisha and Person with Disability categories candidates (PWD) are exempted from payment of application fee.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) is relaxable for the following specified categories:-
i) By 5 years for candidates belonging to ST communities.
ii) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC communities.
iii) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC communities.
iv) By 5 years for candidates belonging to women communities.
v) By 5 years for candidates belonging to EXSM communities.
vi) By 10 years for candidates belonging to PH communities.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon) may apply through official website of Odisha Public service commission www.opsc.gov.in from 28th January 2016 to 27th February 2016. Applicants may also send the print – out / hard copy of application form duly signed under the declaration form along with fee deposit Challan / copies of relevant certificates and an envelope should be super – scribed as the “Application for recruitment to the position of medical officer (Assistant Surgeon)” by registered post to the Special secretary, Odisha Public service commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parjia road, Buxi bazar, Cuttack:- 753001 on or before 10th March 2016.
- Starting date for the submission of online application is 28th January 2016.
- Last date for the submission of online application is 27th February 2016.
- Last date for the payment of application fee is 1st March 2016.
- Last date for the submission of hard copy of online application is 10th March 2016.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must have good Character.
- The applicant must be able to speak / read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia language.
- An applicant, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the state government has exempted his / her caste from operation of the limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- If an applicant has at any time been declared for a certain period / chance by the Odisha Public service commission, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period.
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age – limit.
- Every applicant selected for appointment shall be examined by the medical board. A applicant who fails in satisfy the medical board shall not be appointed.
- The advertisement should not be constructed as binding on the government to make appointment.
Odisha Public service commission (OPSC), recommendation of the royal commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the lee commission and how they find place in the constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public service commission was constituted on 1st April 1949 after it is bifurcation form the former Bihar and Odisha joint public service commission. At the time of creation of Odisha Public service. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public service commission the strength of the commission was three including Chairman. The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
Important Note:- For full detail of this posts, we request you to please visit official page (Link given above)