Latest Top Current Affairs and GK Knowledge 2016
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates NISER campus in Odhisa
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Permanent campus of National Institute of Science Education and Research NISER in Jatani near Bhubanewar, Odhisa. NISER has been established on the mines of IISc Bangalore and its five sister institutions IISERs that are being established at Pune , Kolkata, Mohali, Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal.
The primary objective of NISER is to train and nurture human resources Development HRD, NISER is to train and nuture human resources in the field of Sciences for the knowledge economies of the future.
Paper waste turned into non-toxic green Aerogel for first time
For the first time, scientist from National University of Singapore NUS have successfully converted paper waste into green nontoxic cellulose aerogels.
Aerogels are among the lightest solid materials in the world and are also one of the finest insulation materials available.
Green aerogels are ultra-light , non-toxic, extremely strong, flexible and water repellent.
- It has low thermal conductivity
- It super high oil absorption capacity , 4 times higher than commercial sorbents.
Its fabrication process uses 70 % less energy and produces fewer polluting emissions into the air and water
India & China hold first tactical drill on border
For the first time, border troops of India and China have held their first tactical exercise codenamed Sino-India Cooperation 2016 in chushul-Moldo in Jammu & Kashmir.
This exercise is complement to the Hand-in Hand series of India China Joint exercises and the recently conducted joint exercises in Sikkim.
- Sino-India Cooperation 2016 is mainly focused on joint actions coordinated to tackle the aspects of humanitarian aid and disaster relief.
- It was based on situation of a national disaster occurring on the border areas and the subsequent resuce mission coordination by joint teams of both countries .
It also part of the ongoing initiatives undertaken by both countries to ensure greater interactioin between troops stationed along the Line of Actual Control LAC to ensure peace and traquility alonmg the border.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates Paradip Oil Refinery to nation
PM Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated Indian Oil Corportions new state of the art refinery at Paradip in Odhisa to the nation.
It is overall IOC’s 11th refinery to be set up and has installed capacity of 15 million metric tonne per anum (MMTPA).
- Built at a cost of 34,555 crore rupees and has been designed to process broad basket of crude including dirty and cheaper high sulphur heavy crudes from Latin America.
- It has more than 20 process units that can processes the basic feedstock, crude oil to obtain various products including polymers like polypropylene, Para xylene and styrene.
It is one of the most modern refineries in the world and is equipped with the latest technology. It has complexity factor of 12.2.
Important Note:- For full detail of this posts, we request you to please visit official page (Link given above)