Assam TISS recruitment 2016 notification 2 Social worker posts – Tata institute of social sciences (TISS) invites application for the position of 02 social worker vacancies. Apply before 12th February 2016.
Name of position:- social worker
Job Location:- Assam
Pay Scale / Salary (In Rs.):- Not mentioned
Last Date:- 12th February 2016
Required Eligibility:- MA, Degree
Total No. of Vacancies:- 02 Vacancies
Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria:- Eligible applicants applying for the position of social worker should have post-graduate qualification in social work (MA in social work / MSW) and 2 year work experience in social –s development sector and demonstrate commitment to working on issues of violence against women vide direct work with both survivors and state system) and bachelor degree in social work / BSW along with at least 3 year experience working with urban / rural women at the grass roots on empowerment and rights / based intervention on issues of violence.
Experience:- Eligible applicants applying for the position of social worker should 2 year work experience in social –s development sector and demonstrate commitment to working on issues of violence against women vide direct work with both survivors and state system)
Candidate Salary detail:- The salary of the applicant applying for the position of social worker will be according to rules and regulation of Tata institute of social sciences (TISS).
Age Limit (In yrs.):- The age of the eligible applicant applying for the position of social worker will be according to rules and regulation of Tata institute of social sciences (TISS).
Mode of Selection:- The selection of the eligible applicant applying for the position of social worker will be on the basis of written examination and personal interview.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible applicants applying for the position of social worker may send their full CV to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Ms. Triputi Jhaveri Panchal, Assistant Professor, school of social work, Tata institute of social science (TISS), V.N Purav, Deonar:- 400088 on or before 12th Februayr 2016.
- Last date for the submission of application is 12th February 2016.
- Applicant should have knowledge of issues of gender and violence against women and interventions in the district and state.
- Applicant should have prior experience in direct casework and / or interventions work on women issues at the grass root level.
- The Programme service provision required that the cell must have no less than one woman social worker to respond to violated women own preference and needs.
- Second preference in shortlisting selection will be given women / female candidates not based in Assam possessing necessary educational qualification and prior experience as detailed above.
- NCW and TISS reserves the right to include in first preference list any exceptionally suitable women / female applicants not based in Assam with the less work experience and male / men applicants with requisite educational qualification and experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate willingness to travel across the allotted district and occasionally with-in Assam and to other states as per programmer requirement.
- Verbal and written fluency in Assamese / Ahomiya and speaking in local languages / dialects is essential.
- Applicant should have working knowledge of English and Comfort with the use of computers and interer is also desirable.
- The selected social workers will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidates honorarium per month.
- Once appointed, the social worker will be expected to reside in the district where the pilot special cell will be based for the duration of their appointment.
- Only persons possessing the above mentioned experience and qualification and in the ag grop 18 – 50 years need apply.
Tata institute of social sciences (TISS) is a social science institute with its main campus based in Mumbai, India. Tata institute of social sciences (TISS) also operates out of campuses in Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur.
The master degree program in Human Resource management and labor relations offered at the Tata institute of social sciences (TISS), Mumbai campus one of the most sought after and prestigious programs in the field of HR in India.
Tata institute of social sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Dorabje Tata Graduate school of social work, the first school of social work in India. It was renamed to its current name in 1944. It was recognized as a Deemed university in 1964 by the University Grants commission of India.
Tata institute of social sciences (TISS) ahs earned recognition as an institution of repute from different ministries of the government of India and various state government as well as international agencies such as the United nations and the nin-government sector both national and international.
Important Note:- For full detail of this posts, we request you to please visit official page (Link given above)